WELCOME REDHEADS AND REDHEAD FANS!

Beautiful Redheads. Creating a book about Redheads has been an amazing adventure. We are producing stunning photographs of redheads of all ages and are interviewing all our participants about their lives as redheads. Our redheads must be red from birth. But, if you are 89 and grey, we invite you to participate. Once a redhead, always a redhead! We are looking for funny, intriguing and mystifying redhead stories and looking for redheads to photograph. Be a part of the book.

Check our our website for more redhead information, products, stories and links.

We are also inviting RED FRIENDS to submit your own redhead story. See our Red Friends Story Instructions and Sample below. Can't wait to hear from you.

anne at annelindsayphotography dot com
www.annelindsayphotography.com

all rights reserved for images and photos on this site

Mar 23, 2009

Redhead #2 - My giant carrot top afro



Lauren Selig, a pregnant REDHEAD, is the imaginative woman behind the book “Little LaLa”. She is a highly successful business woman and entrepreneaur with close ties to the Seattle Business Community. She lives in Seattle with her husband, Kyril, and their two daughters. Not only is Lauren a redhead but Little LaLa is a precocious red head, too.

Anne met Lauren as a client who wanted photographs of her adorable family. Anne told Lauren about her book “Redheads and More Redheads” and requested she be a part of her book in her pregnant state. Lauren came back to Anne’s studio about 3 months later and we photographed her as a beautiful redheaded mother with child. We thought it would be funny if she had the baby the next day. Our joke turned out to be a prophecy. Surprise! Lauren had her baby the next day!


INTERVIEW SNIPPET #2


Lauren: My funny redhead story started when I was made fun of as a kid because I had red hair and so many freckles. Because of the teasing, I thought I wanted to turn my hair blonde. I wanted to have curly, big beautiful blonde hair. So, what do you do in 80’s when you wanted truly big beautiful blonde hair? You went and got a perm! My mother agreed to let me get a perm. After I got the perm, the nice man told me “Don’t go out in the rain for couple of days after your perm”. I told him “Okay!”


I thought, well, this is Seattle, of course, we have no rain. I can do that! Well, my family went to Vancouver, B. C. for Expo 86 and it was pouring rain. Of course, I went out in the rain which turned my lovely new perm into a giant carrot top afro and I had huge red hair everywhere! I thought if it was going to be this big and all over the place, I may as well turn it blonde. Just to make it a little bit worse. My parents wouldn't give me any dye for my hair. I didn't know how to do it otherwise. Thank God I didn't find any bleach. But, I did find dozens and dozens of lemons. I decided I would just squeeze the lemons and dunk my head into big bowls of lemon juice. After dunking my head, I used a hair dryer and stood out in the little bit of sun we have here in Seattle to turn my hair blonde! It made my hair into a giant mass of red blonde afro hair. I was horrified. (laughter) I decided not to change it ever since. So now, I LOVE my red hair and I'm hoping it never turns gray. That’s my crazy redhead story.
© 2009 Anne Lindsay Anne Lindsay Photography
Lauren Selig’s Blog: LaLa Travels

No comments:

Post a Comment